Thursday, April 23, 2009

Time I'll never get back

Have a look at one of my ealier posts and you will know that I was less than excited about the IPL coming to South Africa. It has lived up to all of my suggested dissapointment with very few runs, no on-field pyrotechnics and heavily one-sided games.

I don't quite know why people want to go to the games. But walking into the Joburg office, people were mentally queuing for tickets - as the tickets for the Wanderers games go on sale today. Joburg crowds though are well-known for going to the ground to drink and not the cricket. So the IPL will be a perfect fit.

For JHB it might well be out of curiosity. Maybe its to see the dancing girls. Maybe people are banking on the fact that they might, just might see a good game (for once). Its kind of like going to planetarium and hoping to see a comet.

My attention span for the IPL is about 10 balls. Hit, miss, shout from the commentators. A predictable format. I miss out on too much TV to sit down for 3 hours (and 15 minutes) to be robbed of that time I'll never get back.

I also know that Supersport will show the highlights at some time or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment